About the Course
Florists, are you struggling with how to cope with your flower business during the COVID crisis? Is the future uncertain? Do you not know where your income is coming from? What about sales? Is your business ready for a recession? What is the best florist business model for THIS recession? What are the best marketing strategies to sell during a crisis? What about this crisis? What do consumers want? Where are they now?
Since 2008 I've been developing a model in my flower business having taken in the stories, problems, struggles of florists and taking in the success stories, tips and tricks of top florists, CEOs of large transmission companies and very successful local florists. From this, I have been able to create a model for this COVID crisis, implemented the model and come out much, much stronger, creating certainty from the very unstable time, a working cashflow, a competitive business and a marketing strategy that works.
In this course I want to give you these elements of success for you to apply in your flower business.
What will we cover in this course?
This course will give you:
- Understand the consequences on your business of decisions taken out of your control at the political, economic, social and technological level
- An analysis made by me of all these important decisions at a global level and how they relate to floristry and flower shops
- Learn to understand the future of the world, national and local market from a florist perspective.
- Understand the decisions taken by your competitors.
- Look at the consequences of these decisions on your business
- Implement these decisions on how they will affect your business through a well hemmed plan.
- Learn to create a roadmap to pin-point your direction towards coming in of the crisis tunnel and come out on the other side even stronger.
- Plan your essential element of your business, your cash, and how to spread it out in the best way during the crisis
- How to implement a forecast of your businesses cash flow to survive the next month, quarter and years
- Learn about the best method to trim your business looking at the most important element in growth and efficiency that other businesses use outside our sector
- The Key Performance Indicators that will help guide you to your business model’s management and success
- The best Point of Sales software that will help you in keeping to your indicators and business model in check
- How to analyse and outsmart your competition carefully with a competition analysis tool
- Your most important sales channel
- Why advertising during a crisis is the most important sales weapon and not your first cost
- The most important customer you need to target during a crisis as a florist
- The most important floral designs and products
- What are the key messages you need to hone in to for customers during a crisis
- The impact of digital marketing during COVID
- Understanding how to marry your physical shop with the best digital tools for your business in today’s new normal world and market.
And a whole lot more. Including:
- Many, many documents and exercises enclosed so that you can easily adapt this model, to your business.
What else will you get?
- Be part of the closed facebook group dedicated to this course. Every week you will receive an email with a task with a total of 10 tasks (10 weeks). The task will redirect you to a document in the closed facebook group where you will need to comment on with the rest of the community. Train your brain and learn from what the rest of the florists think. A true community feel with insights and recommendations which could help your business.
- Apart from all the lectures, you will get all the necessary exercises and documents so you can tailor all the necessary tools to your business.
- Be part of Mike's email list for this course where you will get tons of news, recommendations and insights to keep your business alive.
- 50% discount on the installation fee of the best point of sales software for florists.
- 50% discount on new courses that come out, and 20% off the other courses that are out now.
So this is me, Mike! I'll be the one teaching you all the courses. As a florist, I understand the famous pains and glorious gains of being a florist. But I also know how to explain the hard business and marketing knowledge into exercises and a common language we all understand: floristry.
My family has been in the business for 8 generations. Currently, our flower shop is in Madrid, Spain, being my grandfather who established the shop when he came down from The Netherlands before World War II. It's and interesting story, but for another day.
For now, just so you know, I'm passionate about helping people, and my high is when people can implement and succeed. Their growth is my success, and more importantly, the sector's most important gain.
StartUnit 1: External Factors impacting your Cash (39:50)
StartUnit 1: Pest Analysis Video and Document (8:29)
StartUnit 2: How to Plan your Business Risk (36:47)
StartUnit 2: SWOT Analysis Video and Document (4:30)
StartUnit 3: The Contingency Plan (29:19)
StartUnit 3: Your Contingency Plan (3:28)
StartUnit 4: The Financial Contingency Plan (29:10)
StartUnit 5: Your Financial Contingency Plan (23:46)